Cris Jacobs brought his A Very Jerry Christmas show back to Gypsy Sally’s last Wednesday before returning to the 8X10 in Baltimore for two sold out nights. He started this holiday celebration a few years ago and said, “it’s some of the most fun gigs of the year.”Jacobs, who has been riding a wave a success following the release of his new album, Dust to Gold, was joined by John Ginty on the organ, Mookie Siegel on keys, Dave Markowitz on bass, and Ed Hobugh on drums. You can catch Cris again with Everyone Orchestra for a two night new years run at Gypsy Sally’s on the 30th and 31st.Check out audio and videos from all three nights below:Gypsy Sally’s soundboard/mic audio mix:Gypsy Sally’s YouTube Live Recording:8X10 YouTube Live Recording, Night 1:8X10 Youtube Live Recording, Night 2:
Ohio-born jam band, The Werks just officially dropped their newest release, Live From The Werk Out 2016. The live album constitutes some of their best performances from their annual festival, The Werk Out, last year in Thornville, OH.After not dropping any official releases in over a year, Live From The Werk Out 2016 is an eight-track, two-hour sonic oasis for thirsty fans. The full album is available for download via the band’s Bandcamp using a “name your price” rate . A preview of the album is available via SoundCloud, which you can hear for yourself below!
Sunday night’s launch marked SpaceX’s first operational mission for NASA under that program, after a test flight last summer with a crew of two US astronauts.© Thomson Reuters 2020Will Apple Silicon Lead to Affordable MacBooks in India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below. The space station, an orbital laboratory about 250 miles (400 km) above Earth, will be their home for the next six months. After that, another set of astronauts on a Crew Dragon capsule will replace them. That rotation will continue until Boeing joins the programme with its own spacecraft late next year.The Resilience crew includes Crew Dragon commander Mike Hopkins and two fellow NASA astronauts: mission pilot Victor Glover and physicist Shannon Walker. They are joined by Japanese astronaut Soichi Noguchi, making his third trip to space after previously flying on the US shuttle in 2005 and Soyuz in 2009.– Advertisement – Four astronauts riding a newly designed spacecraft from Elon Musk’s SpaceX docked with the International Space Station Monday night, in the first crewed mission on a privately built space capsule purchased by NASA.SpaceX’s Crew Dragon capsule, dubbed Resilience by its crew of three Americans and one Japanese astronaut, docked at 11:01pm EST (9:31am Tuesday IST), 27 hours after launching atop a Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral, Fla.- Advertisement – Another US astronaut and two Russian cosmonauts are aboard the space station from a previous mission.“Welcome to the ISS. We can’t wait to have you onboard,” said Kate Rubins, a US astronaut already on the space station.Before receiving its flight certification from NASA last week, SpaceX’s Crew Dragon had been under development for roughly a decade under a public-private NASA program started in 2011 to revive the agency’s human spaceflight capability.- Advertisement – – Advertisement –
Kane believes he should have been awarded a penalty for a foul by Jamaal Lascelles (Picture: Getty)‘You never want to go into an international break having lost or drawn, and of course a north London derby is as big as it gets,’ he said.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘If we win that it makes the first four games a bit brighter. But it’s not going to be an easy game so we have to make sure we’re prepared and ready for that one.‘As you’re seeing from Liverpool and City so far there’s no letting up from them. I said before the start of the season that a team that can put a good run together, get momentum, maybe win for two or three months on the bounce without dropping any points, that’s what it’s going to take [to challenge for the title].‘It’s a disappointing start but there’s a long way to go.’Spurs dominated much of the game against Newcastle with 80% possession but they mustered only two shots on target throughout compared to their opponent’s three.Kane was particularly subdued, having a solitary strike on goal, but he was denied a strong penalty claim following a challenge from Jamaal Lascelles late on.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘It is hard to understand how it hasn’t been given,’ Kane said. ‘Just like when a keeper comes out, uses his arms and trips you up – it’s a penalty.’He added: ‘Sometimes you are going to get the rub of the green with VAR, sometimes not. I felt it didn’t go our way against Newcastle.’ Comment Metro Sport ReporterTuesday 27 Aug 2019 9:58 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link110Shares Harry Kane sends message to Spurs teammates ahead of North London derby clash against Arsenal Harry Kane has called on Spurs to improve against Arsenal on Sunday (Picture: AP)Harry Kane has urged his Tottenham teammates to put Sunday’s dismal defeat to Newcastle United to one side and bounce back with a win over Arsenal on Sunday.Spurs were heavy favourites to beat a Newcastle side that had been beaten in both of their opening matches of the campaign yet they came unstuck with Joelinton firing a first-half winner.Despite reaching the Champions League final in June, Spurs’ domestic form has been in freefall for some time with Sunday’s result meaning they have lost eight of their last 15 Premier League games.Consequently, the pressure is on Spurs to turn the corner in the north London derby at the Emirates and Kane has warned his colleagues that they face getting cut adrift from Liverpool and Manchester City should they lose.ADVERTISEMENT More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Advertisement Advertisement
Jonathan Brown and wife Kylie have sold their Currumbin Valley home for $3.5 million.THE Currumbin Valley home of retired AFL superstar Jonathan Brown has sold under the hammer for a multimillion-dollar price.The 2.3ha country retreat with two residences on Currumbin Creek Rd fetched $3.5 million at auction yesterday.Marketing agent Richard Snowden, of McGrath Palm Beach, said it was tough for Brown and wife Kylie to say goodbye to their beloved home but work interstate meant they barely got to enjoy it.The Brown’s Currumbin Valley property. There were about 50 spectators at the auction on Sunday. Picture: Jerad Williams The kitchen and dining room opens onto a deck overlooking the pool.He said the sale was bittersweet for the couple.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa16 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days ago“They have a lot of emotional attachment (but) they’re ecstatic,” he said.Brown, a three-time premiership player with the Brisbane Lions from 2000 to 2014, now lives interstate with his wife and three children.Property records show the estate is in Mrs Brown’s name and she bought it in 2013.It encompasses two properties on one title with Currumbin Creek running through the middle.It has a Hamptons inspired manor-like house with four bedrooms, separate family and lounge rooms and a deck overlooking the pool.The second residence – a luxury barn-style house – has space on the ground-floor for a rumpus room or cars as well as a granny flat upstairs, which has three bedrooms and a rumpus room with built-in bar.“It’s definitely a lifestyle home,” Mr Snowden said.Jonathan Brown with daughter Olivia, wife Kylie and son Jack in 2014. The rumpus room in the property’s granny flat.There were six registered bidders and about 50 spectators who gathered to watch the auction unfold at the property yesterday.The bidding started at $2 million before climbing to $3.4 million then pausing for negotiations.Mr Snowden said a couple with two young children won the bidding war.He said they planned to live at the property.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:50Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:50 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenAFL stars kicking property goals00:50 The master bedroom of the Currumbin Valley home.
The Golden Movie Awards held last weekend in the Ghanaian capital, saw top film makers, actors and actresses from Ghana and beyond, being recognized for their contributions to the African film industry. The event also saw technicians awarded for their contributions to movie-making. Here’s more on that story.
Miller Mosley Jr. 90 of Dearborn County passed away Wednesday December 20, 2017 in Harrison, Ohio. Miller was born Tuesday December 28, 1926 in Osgood the son of Miller Sr. and Milda Hoskins Mosley. Miller served as an MP in the Army during WWII. He was a member of Sparta Baptist Church and attended Hope Baptist Church. He was a member of the American Legion at Moores Hill and the Dillsboro F&AM Masonic Lodge. Miller liked yard work, gardening, and old cars.Miller is survived by foster son, Timmy Gilter and sister Goldie Bolin. He was preceded in death by brothers Dewey, Shafter, Homer, Wheeler, and Edwin Mosley and sisters Virginia Emerson, Hazel Hackman, Opal Callahan, Dixie Van Winkle and Helen Tomilinson.Funeral services will be at 11AM Saturday December 23, at Sibbett-Moore Funeral Home, Moores Hill with Pastor Tom Holt officiating. Burial will follow in Mt. Sinai Cemetery with full military rites by the Moores Hill American Legion Post. Visitation will also be Saturday 9-11AM at the funeral home. Memorials may be given to the Hope Baptist Church. Go to www.sibbettmoore.com to leave an online condolence message for the family.
Marilyn Jean Caswell, 86, formerly of Dillsboro, passed away June 22, 2019, at Hickory Creek Nursing Home in Madison. Marilyn was born Tuesday, April 4, 1933 in Dillsboro, Indiana, the daughter of Ervin and Edith (Schmalle) Lanvermeyer. She married Donald Caswell August 3, 1963 and he preceded her in death January 24, 2009. She was a past member of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Dillsboro and formerly worked for Duke Energy as a secretary. She enjoyed playing bingo and wearing jewelry.Marilyn is survived by her brother Jerry Lanvermeyer of Dillsboro; niece Dawn “Michele” (Matt) Bell of Madison; and stepchildren: Connie Jean, Amber and Ricky Caswell all from Indiana. She was preceded in death by her husband and her parents.A service celebrating her life will be held at the convenience of the family. Filter-DeVries-Moore Funeral Home entrusted with arrangements, Box 146, Dillsboro, IN 47018, (812) 432-5480. You may go to www.filtrdevriesmoore.com to leave an online condolence message for the family.
Now sitting 18th, just a point inside the relegation zone, Carroll’s return from a long-standing foot injury injected a much-needed impetus into the Hammers’ faltering campaign. The former Newcastle and Liverpool forward set up a goal on his return from his long-standing foot problem in the 2-0 win at Cardiff and once again showed his value in creating both goals for Nolan in the vital win over Swansea. But now Allardyce has been hit with the blow of losing his talisman once more and has only Carlton Cole or new signing Marco Borriello to replace Carroll in the starting line-up for the weekend trip to Villa Park. Cole has recently penned a new deal at the club having re-joined on a short-term contract after being released in the summer, with the former England international scoring five goals so far. Borriello was brought in on loan in the January transfer window from Roma and the Italy international has yet to feature for Allardyce’s side, having notched just once in Serie A before completing his temporary switch to east London. Andy Carroll’s thoughts appeared clear after the Football Association on Tuesday upheld his red card in West Ham’s Barclays Premier League win over Swansea, and the resulting three-match ban. But the ban will now remain in place and Carroll sent a tweet on Tuesday afternoon shortly before the official statement suggesting he was aware of the decision, as he simply wrote: ”DISGRACEFUL”. The Football Association clarified the reasoning behind the decision not to overturn Webb’s decision in a short statement on its official website. “As stated in the Rules and Regulations of The FA, an Independent Regulatory Commission must apply the test of whether the decision to dismiss a player was ‘an obvious error’,” it read. “The decision of an Independent Regulatory Commission in relation to a claim of wrongful dismissal is final and binding on all parties and is not subject to appeal.” Carroll, who has only recently returned to the first-team fold following an eight-month injury lay-off, will now miss the Hammers’ next three fixtures. That rules him out of Saturday’s clash with Aston Villa and the two home fixtures against Norwich City and Southampton as Allardyce looks to steer his side out of the Premier League relegation zone. The absence of club-record signing Carroll has been one of the major factors in their poor first half to the season, with the win over Swansea just the fifth league victory of the campaign. That poor form was compounded by a 5-0 defeat against Sky Bet Championship side Nottingham Forest in the third round of the FA Cup and an embarrassing 9-0 aggregate reverse in their Capital One Cup semi-final against Manchester City. The 25-year-old had been the focal point of the Hammers’ attacking display, setting up both Kevin Nolan goals in Saturday’s 2-0 victory at Upton Park, before he was sent off by referee Howard Webb having tussled with Swans defender Chico Flores. West Ham manager Sam Allardyce said after the game that the club would appeal against the decision, with Swansea counterpart Michael Laudrup suggesting the sending-off had seemed ‘a little harsh’. Press Association
Geneva, June 2: Turkey and Tunisia battled to a 2-2 draw in an international friendly as the North African side continue their preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, where they are drawn in Group G along with Belgium, England and Panama.After a scoreless first half in front of roughly 12,000 fans at the Stade de Geneve here on Friday evening, Everton’s Cenk Tosun put Turkey up 1-0 with a goal in the 54th minute from the penalty spot after drawing a foul from Tunisia midfielder Ellyes Shkiri.Anice Badri brought Tunisia level two minutes later with a half-volley from distance.The match took a bizarre turn just before the hour mark, when Tosun, seeing a flare land near where his father and uncle were seated in the stands, walked toward the crowd, shouting and gesturing at unruly fans to pick up a straight red card to leave his team a man down with 30 minutes left to play. Despite the man advantage, the Tunisians remained less than convincing on the attack and the second goal came only in the 79th minute, courtesy of team captain Ferjana Sassi. while a poor defensive clearance in stoppage time allowed Caglar Söyüncü to score a late equalizer for the Turks.Tunisia will face Spain, one of the favorites to win the 2018 World Cup, on June 9 in the final friendly for both teams before heading to Russia. IANS