Investigators from the Liberia National Police, headed by Senior Inspector Patrick T. Sudue recently uncovered the skeletal remains of the motorcyclist who was reported missing in July 2015.Inspector Sudue told the Daily Observer that during the interrogation of murder suspect Bill Lawrence, who was recently linked to the killing of another motorcyclist on September 30, he confessed his involvement in the cyclist’s death, saying he sold the victims’ motorbikes.According to Inspector Sudue, the culprit confessed that whenever he and unnamed friends were in need of money, they would get on a bike and ask the cyclist to take them home. It is then that they would eventually kill the cyclist and later sell the bike. “The suspect said they are three in number carrying out the deadly operation, but one of them (Decent Boy) was killed by angry mobs during the recent riot in Ganta,” he said.He said during his interrogation Lawrence confessed to hiring a motorcyclist on the night of July 26 and directed the cyclist to the Methodist Field (the same area where they did the recent killing) and then clubbed him to death.He said the body was disposed of in a pool of water and covered with leaves. They then sold the murdered cyclist’s motorbike for US$450. “After the confession,” said Inspector Sudue, “the culprit showed us the area where the body was deposited; and when we went there, we discovered a skeleton that was later identified as Prince Washington’s by his T-Shirt.”According to the officer, the late Prince Washington’s parents have been in search of him since July and reported him missing, but documents bearing the record of him being missing were destroyed during the ransacking of the police station in September.The police quoted the family as saying: “After we searched for Prince and could not find him, we thought that he had sold the motorbike and fled to Grand Gedeh gold field.” The wave of motorcyclists’ killings intensified in September when two bodies were discovered in one week in Ganta and nearby Blohn.Bill Lawrence was picked up by rioters on September 30 and during the rioting which left properties belonging to businessman Prince Howard destroyed, and his house set ablaze. A police station and the local office of the Drug Enforcement Agency were also vandalized.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Manchester City defender Kyle Walker believes that the Premier League champions have the depth in squad that can cope with the possible long-term absence of their main playmaker Kevin de Bruyne.De Bruyne has suffered a knee injury ahead of Manchester City’s Premier League clash against Huddersfield Town on Sunday. De Bruyne, who has had a busy summer with Belgium in the World Cup, returned to training before the start of the season but was rested against Chelsea in the Community Shield and their Premier League opener against Arsenal, that City won 2-0.In 2016, De Bruyne had missed 12 games after injuring his right knee during a League Cup semi-final victory over Everton.De Bruyne’s injury will come as a major blow for City with the Belgian providing the most number of assists for the club for the last three seasons.The 27-year-old notched up 12 goals and 21 assists last term to help Pep Guardiola’s side win the league and the League Cup.”Kevin is a great player and it’s just unfortunate that it’s happened to him in training but there’s more than enough depth in the squad,” Walker told reporters.”We don’t just rely on one player. It’s a team game and whoever steps in will do well. Obviously, it’s a big loss but we’ve got more than enough cover.”De Bruyne, a World Cup semi-finalist with Belgium earlier this year, is likely to be sidelined for around two to four months, according to British media reports.City beat Arsenal 2-0 in their opening league fixture last weekend and will host Huddersfield Town on Sunday.advertisement(With Reuters inputs)
Santiago Solari got off to the perfect start as Real Madrid’s interim coach when his side thrashed Melilla 4-0 in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday.Holders Barcelona scraped a 1-0 win at third-tier Cultural Leonesa thanks to Clement Lenglet’s late header, while Girona earned a 2-2 draw at Alaves.Getafe won 2-1 at Cordoba and Valladolid earned a 2-1 away win over Mallorca in other round of 32, first-leg clashes.In Madrid’s first match since Julen Lopetegui was sacked after a dire run capped by a 5-1 loss to Barcelona on Sunday which left the European champions ninth in La Liga, Solari’s side flexed their muscles against Melilla.Solari saved the likes of Gareth Bale, Luka Modric and Toni Kroos the trip to the north coast of Africa and the Spanish enclave of Melilla, but did start with captain Sergio Ramos and striker Karim Benzema against the third division minnows.Frenchman Benzema, who has struggled for form this season, broke the deadlock from close range after being teed up by Alvaro Odriozola, with Vinicius Junior setting up Marco Asensio for the second.Brazilian striker Vinicius, largely ignored by Lopetegui, struck the crossbar in search of the third, which was eventually bundled in by Odriozola, another player who struggled to get minutes under Lopetegui.Substitute Cristo Gonzalez added a fourth in stoppage time to give Solari a convincing debut win.”The team played with smiles on their faces, they were keen and committed. The final score is a result of that,” Solari told reporters.advertisement”It wasn’t easy, but we worked hard and played with those characteristics. The pitch was heavy and they pressed very high.”We have to be happy. The players are committed to the shirt and to the fans who are with them. I’m now a part of this group.”Record 30-times cup winners Barcelona were on the back foot against Cultural Leonesa, with goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen making some smart saves to keep Ernesto Valverde’s heavily rotated side level.Lenglet headed Ousmane Dembele’s free kick home at the near post in stoppage time to earn the Catalans a narrow advantage heading into the second leg, with matches taking place between Dec. 4-6.